FIRSTLY, WHY CHOOSE VIDEO FOR SOCIAL MEDIA?
In the world of social media, video content reigns supreme and ultimately it’s what the consumer wants that performs best. The platforms we use today have evolved from a place we connect with friends, into a destination for entertainment, education and e-commerce inspiration. With the rapid rise of TikTok, showing us how persuasive (and addictive) video is to consume, it’s no surprise that Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest have also pivoted towards video as the format of choice.
The question is – are you making the most of your video assets across social media? With online videos accounting for more than 82% of consumer internet traffic by 2022, here’s how you can maximise the return of your video content on social media.
INCREASE EXPOSURE AND ENGAGEMENT
IT HAS A LONGER SHELF LIFE
Due to the nature of video content encouraging more interactions and shares, it’s likely to stay around for longer and keep being bumped up the algorithm. This can ultimately offer a stronger return in investment from the creation of your video content.
IT'S GROWING IN POPULARITY ACROSS SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
HOW TO MAXIMISE THE RETURN OF YOUR VIDEO CONTENT ON SOCIAL MEDIA
REACH AUDIENCES ACROSS MULTIPLE CHANNELS
- TikTok videos and Instagram Reels both use the same 9:16 format and have a similar intent – ideal to be shared on both platforms. Although it’s been revealed by Instagram that Reels with a TikTok watermark will be deprioritised in the algorithm. Never fear, as here’s a handy trick for removing the TikTok watermark and repurposing your video content.
2. Longer videos over 1 minute in a 16:9 format can be shared across IGTV, Facebook and Youtube.
3. Short videos for Instagram stories could be repurposed for Pinterest Video Pins.
4. Instagram Live videos can be shared automatically to IGTV – you can even download them and share them on Facebook.
DEVELOP A SOCIAL STRATEGY
SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERTISING
– Attack the algorithms! Each social media platform has their own sneaky tricks to learn that can help boost your visibility. Do your research.
– Track! Keep an eye on how your posts are doing using in-built insight tools so that you have a better idea of what’s working well – and what’s not.
– Put some spend behind it! If you really want to get your video content noticed, it never hurts to give it a little boost. Use tools that help you retarget pre-interested viewers. Chances are, they’ll probably pay attention again!
If you’d like a chat more about how to maximise your return of your video content on social media or some support please get in touch with us and say [email protected].